From Southern India, try out this delicious mild vegan curry containing ingredients of our favorite Morganic products.
Serves 2 people
- 250g Ecoato Chickpeas (Uncooked)
- 50g Ecoato Lentils (Uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon of Crudigno Extra Virgin Chilli Olive Oil
- Half a teaspoon Health Solutions Fine Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Crudigno Red Pesto
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed large
- 1 tablespoon of coriander
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cans of tomato ( approx. 400g each net)
- Optional: chopped fresh chilli, carrots and green beans
- Cook or soak the chickpeas. This can take from 1 hour up 10 to 12 hours depending on the method used. We recommend quick soak and simmer in a pot on the stove for 3 hours. Drain and then set aside.
- Add oil, onions and garlic in a pan and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add paprika, salt, turmeric, cumin, black pepper and coriander. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, lentils, tomatoes (undrained), chilli (optional), carrots (optional), green beans (optional) and red pesto. Over low heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garam masala and simmer for a further 10 minutes.